Monday, November 28, 2011

Decker Quadruple Week



 Doughnut Falls

Gotta go to Ruth's

Chef Tim

No liquid courage was necessary at the Westerner


Cooley's swingin' at the Westerner

The Gillette's looking so suave
   Jennifer (Eddie's sister) came to town.  We tried to show her the best of what Salt Lake has to offer and I must say, we did a pretty good job.  We shopped 9&9th boutiques, ate at Pago (yes, she had the chicken paillard), line danced with many of our Missio firiends at the Western which immediately became one of the highlights of living in the SLC, snowshoed up in Big Cottonwood, and the Sugarhouse Cinema (we saw The Help. I lasted about 2 minutes before I was wiping tears. I was feeling "tender".  That's what Eddie likes to call it when I cry spontaneously at silly yet heart warming things like commercials or memories or the Reader's Digest.)
   Then Eddie's brother, Tim, came into town the following weekend.  We didn't romp around town as much but we still laughed a lot, had good challenging conversation, the boys got to go snowshoeing, and then we redeemed Thanksgiving by making leftovers. That means that I was pouty that we didn't have any turkey leftovers so Tim recreated his magic by brining and roasting a turkey and whipped up some gravy.  I made purple mashed potatoes, bread, and a squatty pumpkin cheesecake and acorn squash from my garden.  And he made Susie's pineapple crunch which, by the way, is a side, not a dessert, although it has more sugar than fudge.  All was delicious and I'm super excited about all the leftovers!!  We had such a great time with the siblings.  It makes it sooo hard to live so far away, but really cool that we'll have seen each other once a month for three months in a row.

The house...starting the bar top.

No comments:

Post a Comment