So here are the latest advances/quirks with the pregnancy and preparation of having a child:
1. I've gotten over the daily nausea and sneezing.
2.We had the study ultrasound and got to find out the sex of the baby. It was so fun! We asked the ultrasound tech to not tell us the sex but instead to print off the u/s and place in an envelope. Then we took the sealed envelope over to Becky's house. She made a cake with blue icing on the inside, unbeknownst to us. Then at house church that night, we cut into the cake, saw the blue icing indicating that we're having a BOY with all our friends watching and cheering. It was sooo fun! Now, Eddie has been walking around chanting, "Little Baby Decker's got a little baby weiner."
3. Now we have to decide a name, but not for a while. And even if/when we decide, it probably won't be until he's born and we get to see his face.
4. I was having some cramping last night which was probably just "le gazzz" but scared me none-the-less. Eddie prayed and I felt better. Then we had our midwife appt this afternoon and got to hear Plumper's thumper-healthy and strong. phew. The Holy Spirit was really with us last night...Eddie's eyeball is scratched but immediately felt better when I got to pray for him. Praise God that he is alive and active in the redemption of our souls, bodies, and spirits.
5. Debbie took me shopping this past weekend to a baby/maternity consignment garage sale. I was boohooing about going, feeling overwhelmed about all the stuff we need, but don't want to buy. I'd rather get everything hand-me-down used and then give it all away when he or they are past the baby stage. And I feel so clueless as to what we actually need, what brands are the safest, etc. I even told Debbie, "I'm not really a shopper. I probably won't buy anything." I walked away with 29 items!!! It was breakthrough for me. Everything is used so I have some satisfaction in that. Everything was 50% off already ridiculous prices so I had major satisfaction in that! I am sooo thankful. It was like an answer to prayer that I didn't even pray.
6. I have been receiving amazing advice from my Zville Bestie, Courtney, who has three adorable children. She has been telling me about a certain kind of running stroller called a BOB that is worth the $500 splurge. I could not stomach that but have been looking on KSL.com which is the Mormon version of Craigslist. I found, and purchased, a practically brand new one for $150! I'm so stoked about it. It's still a splurge, but I justify it by telling myself that it's the best quality possible, that we will be using it ALOT, and for many many years to come. Now we just need a healthy baby!
7. We went to "Meet the Midwives" tonight and got to...meet the midwives that will possibly be the one who will deliver Plumpers. They work on-call, so we don't really get a choice as to who will be the one. Thankfully, we liked them all. We also got to tour the L&D and postpartum. Takes me back to my L&D days and Ed's nursing school clinicals.
So excited that you guys are having a boy! Also, if the Becky who made your cake is MY Becky, that makes me happy :) (If it's another Becky, that's great too, of course!)
ReplyDelete"Becky" is definitely your Becky so bear that grin!
DeleteI thought of a great name for him: Englebert Plumperdinck Decker!!
ReplyDeleteAhh Haa! love it. We'll definitely consider it and put it in the hat.
Delete