 |
| Everyone loves Holiday Starbucks. (don't worry, it was empty.) |
Eddie was so gracious to gift me with a ticket to Austin for my birthday. Since he had to work, just Shepherd and I headed down for four days of reconnection with my girlfriends. It was so good for my soul to be around friends who know and love me well. With my four of my best girl friends in Salt Lake moving away this past summer and being a stay at home mom, I have been a bit lonely and needing a recharge on the friend front. So I got to stay w my dear, loyal friend Ruth. Got to see Broz and the Cuddler just before Callie came, Kristin and Roast Beef and their boys, Jane Dawg, the Otts and Griffins. And another faithful, loyal bestie: Tiffany. The next day we got to meet Ira of the Brent and Martina clan. And hang w Kristin for some real time. For dinner we got to meet up with Tiffany, Sara, and Sushwan for some Tex-Mex. I am so thankful to reconnect with these faithful friends. Wednesday we had brunch with La and B. Callendar and Jamie. Then took a walk around Town Lake while Shep napped. Then we got to squeeze the beautiful Janine. Next was meeting up with the Padgetts and being shocked at how big the kids are! Then back at Ruth's, we got to meet Connor and Slams. And a surprise visit by Julie Gosh and her boys. And to end the evening: lots of giggling with Ruth. Finally on Thursday, we went over to the Hardings to hang with my Kholmes and kids. And then got to hang w Candice before flying out. Wow! I never knew I had so many close-to-my-heart friends and I didn't even get to see them all while in Austin! I'm am so thankful, blessed, filled up.

 |
| Tiffany and me at El Chile |
 |
| Jamie, La, and B. Callendar having a grand ole time |
 |
| This (minus 5 years) is when I realized I really liked Eddie. He has beaten me every Thanksgiving race starting at this Turkey Trot in 2008. By a step. Sometimes I let him. |
 |
| Janine! |
 |
| A real Texas boy- loving his hot sauce and BBQ. |
I LOVE your glasses Josie! And I'm so happy to hear you had a time of connection and rejuvenation. Makes all the difference.
ReplyDeleteThanks! Yes, it does. Kinda bittersweet to come back, but I'm sooo thankful we were able to go and reconnect.
Delete