Shep turned two. I can hardly believe it! Seems like yesterday I was crooning my neck, all hunched over, breastfeeding my little 8 pounder in newborn diapers and onesies. Now he has opinions, and lots of them! And oh dear, the emotions! He turned two and immediately we are experiencing the "terrible two's" which so far are not too terrible. Thankfully, both Eddie and I recognize that he is "individuating" meaning he's trying to figure himself out and trying to find the words to express what he wants and feels. In reality, what this means is that he laughing one minute and the next he is screaming and then back to laughing. It's intense when he is tired. We just try to ride the wave and take deep breaths. For the majority of the time, Shep is still adorable and a blast to participate in these growing up days. He treats us with deep belly laughs when tickled or herded by Willie. He has become quite the cuddler and loves to sit on my lap during mealtimes and snuggle under the blanket during story time. He still loves his fruit and is an adventurous eater. In fact, he is quite the mooch, stealing food from other people's plates. He is learning how to play with other kids his age. He loves playing with choo-choos, watching choo-choos on TV, crossing choo-choo tracks, and yelling, "All aboard!" He is quite the character and just so much fun. Of course we are so thankful for him and pray daily for God's protection and wisdom and direction in his life. I regularly have to rededicate him because I know that God is a good father who loves Shep more than I ever could imagine. And although, I think I can control and protect him from all the harm in the world, God is bigger and better at this than me.
 |
| Shep at the bonfire during the Stone Soup Party |
For his birthday, we continued the tradition of Stone Soup. We had about 20 people show up. We celebrated community and friendships and thanked them for being the "village" that helps us raise Shepherd together.
No comments:
Post a Comment