Friday, February 3, 2012

These Days

Just a little update of what we've been up to lately...
Eddie started the corner cabinets around the fridge.

Debbie was just diagnosed with ovarian cancer so we went wig shopping.  She normally has beautiful, long, VERY curly hair.  And like all women with curly hair, she has always dreamed of having long, straight hair.  Sooo, this is the wig she picked out.  I like to call her Dolly Parton or Dolly for short.

Although we didn't lace up, we enjoyed watching the teenagers ice skate at this hidden gem in downtown Salt Lake.  We still have so much to discover here!

Dad and Jean gave us a gift certificate for Christmas LAST year and we just now used it.  Their hidden agenda was for us to go on a date, maybe have a little wine, and in nine months they would have a grandbaby.  Well, we went to Martine, my new favorite restaurant in Salt Lake.  I cannot believe I have never heard anyone talk about it or read any write ups about it!  The chef uses a lot of Moroccan flavors and did so very well.  I'm a tough critic when chefs claim "Moroccan" lamb or soup or carrots or whatever. Well, Eddie had the sweet potato/goat cheese soup, Moroccan lamb, and bread pudding.  I had salad, Utah trout with lemon risotto cake, and pumpkin panna cotta.  Also, sangria was involved.  What a treat! Thanks Dad and Jean!  Not sure if the gift certificate will pay off for you guys, but it sure added a lot of joy to our life and marriage.  

No comments:

Post a Comment