| I acquired this cute white leghorn from the IFA. She was like a little puppy and followed me around, came in the back door if I left it open, came running when I called (which I had to call her often because she would be in my garden...snacking.) When I was home studying in the office, she would jump on the grill and peer in at me like a peeping Tom. Kinda creepy. Well, she ate most of my squash starts, some arugula, beets, beans, all my newly planted seeds, my cherished yellow tomato start, and my beautiful basil plant. I'd had enough and despite threats of frying her up for dinner, we finally were able to give her away. She wouldn't stay in the coop b/c she was at the bottom of the pecking order and they all could not reconcile their differences. Hopefully, her new coopmates will be kinder and she will learn portion control. |
No comments:
Post a Comment