Sunday, November 18, 2012

The Big 33

I turned 33 this past Friday.  Eddie asked how old I feel and I responded, "32." I've lived a lot of life so far: traveled far off lands, met alot of people and befriended many of them, met and married the best of them, cried very hard, laughed very hard, spent a lifetime learning new things, cultivated a wonderful relationship with each family member, and loved God each day as much as I know how.  I hope I have many more years enjoying the same and more, especially with a new addition to my body and soul.  Oh, and I say 32 instead of 33 because Ed keeps me young-ish.

As far as the actual birthday goes, it was very nice this year.  Quirk: I'm not especially fond of odd years, so wasn't expecting awesomeness, but it ended up to be quite lovely.  I presented and got accepted for my big proposal for my scholarly project.  Whew!  That in itself is a gift!  Also, Eddie's parents and brother were in town the weekend before and we went to a new-to-us restaurant in town called "Em's"  It was delish!  I love that his family likes to share bites from everyone's plate so that I can try everything.  We all were impressed (except Tim who lives in the foodie capital-San Francisco.  But he played along anyway.)  I also received a Kitchen-Aide stand mixer from them and I think I'm gonna like it.  Especially if Eddie keeps making me carrot cakes with it!  What a treat!

Then on my actual birthday, Ed and I got to go to an open house for a lighting designer friend that was catered by a few fancy restaurants that I love: Frida's, Cowgirl Creamery, and RubySnap. Can you tell I appreciate good food?!  We bumped into some friends and had quick, deep spiritual conversation which delighted my heart.  Then we came home and had a bonfire with some close friends and Kerry and B. Tibbs led us in some old school worship songs.  It was perfect.  That's exactly what I was hoping for, an intimate time with SLC besties before the throne of God.  Sweet gifts.  I'm so thankful.  Once again, I failed to document with photos. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment