I have been majorly slacking on the blog thingy, but am going to make an attempt to resurface. My excuses are abundant: When Shep naps and I have a free second...
-It is beautiful outside and my garden needed planting. It is already popping up and we have already harvested several salads worth of spinach, lettuce, and cilantro. Tonight, I'm planning on making a dish from Williams-Sonoma with sausage, orecchiette pasta, and broccoli rabe from the garden! Today, I transplanted and spread out all the garlic that had proliferated over the winter, transplanted the strawberry plant that we left for dead but recently was resurrected, and transplanted a daffodil from Willie's digging ground. Oh and I watered all of the gardens which is a bit time consuming because they are all spread out and we only have the one water spicket in front. There is still more to be planted: more tomatoes to be transplanted, some more squash to be planted, and maybe create a squash garden on the outside of our current garden, as long as Willie doesn't make it his litter box.
- Cook. On my days off, I find rest, comfort, and a sense of accomplishment when I cook something. That includes baking to meet the needs of our raging sweet tooth (teeth?).
- Putz on the computer, including answering emails, paying bills, and clipping coupons.
- Read my bible or Kairos homework. Kairos is the name of the missions class that we are participating in through our church The Fellowship. We love it and love getting to know our classmates.
-Clean is at the bottom of the list, but I try to clean at least one thing, usually the floors.
When Shep is awake, we have a blast! We play outside A LOT. He loves to pull off dandelion heads, play with any kind of tool he can get his hands on, and run his hands through the water stream as I'm watering plants. He follows us around the yard at his own pace. Yesterday, he helped Dad pick up all the sticks from where he chopped down the dead tree. Daily, there are lots of falls and scrapes and pokes that need a Momma's kiss to dry the tears, but thankfully Shep becomes interested in the next thing instantaneously.
The thing that is most exciting to me is that he signed the other day!! We have been using the sign for "more" for many many months and he repeated it at the appropriate time! He wanted more beef brisket. Such a Texas boy. I feel like he is growing up so fast. He is much more of a little boy instead of a baby with each passing day. I'm so thankful for each day that I get with him- not wishing that time would slow down or speed up. Just enjoying each moment. And I still love watching Eddie interact with him. He is truly a great Dad.
I have the best tomato ketchup recipe! Next year we have plans to plant enough plants to make a year's worth! Let me know if you want it!
ReplyDeleteYes! I would love the recipe! Thank you. Hope you are staying warm.
Delete