Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Due Date: Come and gone

Well, today is Plumper's official due date and we're still waiting to see him face to face.  We went to the midwife yesterday and pretty much got the news that he's not very close to coming out.  I was preparing myself for that since I haven't had enough strong contractions, but still I was disappointed.  I'm just so excited to see him and get on to the next step of this parenting thing.  I researched again a whole slew of ways to induce naturally and got kinda fixated on accupressure/puncture.  Then I read a blog that said "just relax, he'll come when he's ready" and felt so much peace.  Sure, I might eat some spicy foods and pineapple, drink some raspberry tea, go for a couple walks, get a Chinese foot massage, and make a little love, but I will choose to relax, be patient, and talk kindly to my baby.  I still feel great, but now that I've finished with my clinicals until after the baby, I'm nervous about twiddling my thumbs for the next two weeks.  So, I went to the library and checked out four fiction books. I haven't read any fiction in such a long time; I'm really excited!  But, you know, if Plumpers decides to come tomorrow that would be ok too :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I remember this feeling SO WELL when I was pregnant with Grace... Hang in there, and I will venture to share with you that she came 10 days late. :) Relax, be patient, enjoy some long walks. Maybe look into using evening primrose oil vaginally; I feel like it really made a difference with my 2nd birth.

    ReplyDelete