I just started going to a women's group on Wednesday. I'm really hopeful that it will boot me into living a deeper life with God this year. I was so nervous and shaky, maybe because I had a lot of coffee that morning without breakfast, or maybe it was the presence of the holy spirit, and/or anxiety/insecurity. Either way, I was so thankful to have switched up my work schedule so that I could live a part of my week with these amazing women.
This week, we went around and shared our 2015 goals. I had been thinking about them but had not completely formalized them. So when speaking them out and now writing, I feel like they are more focus and more of a prayer. So Lord, have your way in 2015!
* Trust the Lord for growing our family this year. We would love to add another child this year, whether by becoming pregnant or by foster/adopting.
*I will potentially have more time to myself due to Eddie being in grad school and Shep starting a daycare. Some fun options for this extra time would be: get another part time job (nurse practitioner, cooking school instructor, volunteer at a community garden or refugee liaison), trail run more, clean our house, read books/Bible, do foster/adoption paperwork, study healthcare more, etc. I'm excited to see what may unfold. My goal is to enjoy the slower/simpler time while I have it and pursue things that are life giving.
*Lead an exploratory mission trip to SE Asia with the Fellowship.
*Run MidMountain Marathon on Sat, Sept 12th if I'm not pregnant.
*Learn how to parent, teach, discipline, and love Shep better. I know, it's not a measurable goal. Deal.
*Incorporate fasting into my life regularly.
*Do the Deliverance Class through the Fellowship.
So there we go. Again, I'm looking forward to seeing how this year will play out and all that God has in store.
Give me a heads up when yoh plan you're SE Asia trip - I'll try and join you :) We applied to adopt but have all but given up as there is an 11 year wait. Australia has crazy adoption procedures. My heart is still hopeful but increasingly disappointed. I'll follow your journey. Make sure you blog! Love you Jos x
ReplyDelete*you
Delete