Thursday, January 1, 2015
Wanton
This Christmas season has been so much fun. Shep is at such a fun stage (although I think every stage so far has been fun) at almost two years old. He is learning new words each day, discovering how his body works and moves, and developing opinions more and more. Today, he enjoys time-outs and oranges and stairs. Miraculously, he keeps hats on which is quite fortunate because we have been outside a couple times this week and the temperature is in the single digits. We have lost all but one of his pacifiers so we are narrowing down on this, but I have to admit, I kinda like them. They really do soothe him when he bonks something, in the car, and for sleeping. I'm nervous about some upcoming trips without a paci. Speaking of the car, that's what I wanted to talk about. He's become quite the chatter box in the car. It's like he has a captive audience so he just goes for it. The other day, we were driving back from Grandpa's house in Zionsville to Jeff and Emma's place, a twenty min drive, and we couldn't get a word in edgewise. Thankfully, he was all happy talk. The question is, what was he talking about?! He has been very excited about Christmas lights this season and likes to plug in our tree lights and our outside lights. He says, "Lights on." So he could have been saying that on repeat. Or may it was, "All done." He seemed happy, but it was late and he was ready for bed. In reality, it sounded like, "Wanton." So that's what we decided it was. Talking incessantly for twenty straight minutes about a wanton. I'm pretty sure he's never had one and I'm not even sure I know what it is myself, but yup, "wanton" was his go-to word this Christmas season. Jesus is the one true reason for the season and wanton is a far distant second.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment