We had a bit of a crummy New Years Eve and Day. We weren't invited to any parties, and parties were had. We felt friendless and alone. But grateful for each other and Shep and mostly Jesus who is the closest friend. Thankfully, we had a reservation at the Parkway Inn in Jackson to look forward to the next day. So we drove up and stayed two nights. Eddie skied Jackson Hole, a check off the ole bucket list. Shep and I did a lovely snowshoe up the PuttPutt trail. He cried the entire way back in my ear #notlovely. Then I decided to drive to where I had heard there were Big Horn sheep in the area. With Shep still crying, I drove the mile and bam! There they were, licking the ice and salt on our car, and with those creepy bronze eyes, peering deep into my soul, with only the glass to separate us.
It was awesome and slightly terrifying. I had never seen one before and I was exhilarated! But I also felt a bit trapped; they were literally surrounding me...and those eyes!! I finally found an open space and slowly gunned it-that's not possible, but you get the idea-I escaped to say the least. We got back to the quaint hotel and Shep immediately fell asleep. Maybe all that screaming meant he was tired :) I'll get the hang of this whole parenting thing some day. The next day, we did a family snow shoe at Taggert Lake where supposedly the Tetons are the backdrop. It was foggy and we never did see those damn Tetons. Oh well. Fortunately, we've been to Jackson and the Tetons several times before and know how truly amazing they are. And, most likely we'll go again in the spring and/or summer. Actually, I'd like to visit Yellowstone in October- less crowds, amazing gysers, etc. Adventures abound for 2015!
No comments:
Post a Comment